Sunday, April 23, 2017

10 APR 17: FF 1-2, steps 4-5: 2 hours
Riveted together the oil cooler:

22 APR 17: Installed interior panels for move to PA: 5 hours
Came home from a few weeks of simulator training for my airline and am getting ready to move the project up to PA.  Not really looking forward to the move, but after 20 years of moving around with the military, I’m excited that this will be the last move, and that I can finally put down roots.  I’m moving the project myself in a 26’ Uhaul, so I decided to put all the interior panels in the plane to transport them.  I figured it would offer some rigidity to the fuselage and also lessen the chance of damaging the parts by transporting them loosely.  No pics.

23 APR 17: 46-2 step 1 (initial), getting ready for move to PA: 5 hours
I wanted to get the engine mount installed, so I could use it to secure the fuselage to the inside of the U-haul during the move.  I read some horror stories about drilling the engine mount, but it was easier than I expected.  Go slow, use plenty of cutting fluid, and it is one of the easier tasks. Reaming one of the holes:

This will have to come off when I get started on the project again, but wanted it installed for the move:
I expect to have a delay of a few months during our move.  We are moving from Georgia to Pennsylvania, where my wife and I are originally from.  It will be a pretty large undertaking moving everything up there, but I’m excited to get moved and get back into the project.  After a career in the military, and moving every few years for 20 years, I’m excited that this will be our last move, and that I can really ‘move in’ to my new workspace knowing that I can set up for good and it won’t be temporary like all the moves before this one.  It’s pretty cool seeing all the panels installed, but just like the engine mount, these will all come back out once the move is complete for finishing, wiring, etc.:
Ready for the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment