Sunday, August 16, 2015

9 AUG 15: Prekote and priming: 6.75 hours
Finished Prekote and priming fuse parts – no pics.

10/11/12 AUG 15: Page 29-15 steps 1-3, page 29-19 step 7: 6 hours
Dimpled fuse parts, riveted vents:

13 AUG 15: Page 9-15 steps 4-6 L, 31-2 1-5, 31-3 1-3, 31-4 1-4: 7 hours
Not sure why I waited to roll the elevator leading edges, but I did, so a blast from the past:
Interestingly, it was neat to see the date I was last on this step!
So, looking over the elevator – which I haven’t looked at in a long time – I’m really glad I did the trim tabs multiple times!  They turned out nicely:

So, I’m at a slow-down point on the fuse.  I need to paint some of the interior pieces (seat back cross bar) their final color before I start riveting together any more structure.  I’m waiting on some swatches from Geoff Combs at Aersosport.  I’d rather paint the pieces now instead of after it’s together, so I continued a few steps ahead and began working on the instrument panel.  This piece was a bit odd to form:
Sub-panel assembly clecoed together:

14 AUG 15: Page 9-15 steps 4-6 R, 31-4 4, 31-5 1-2, 31-6 3-4: 5 hours
Rolled the right elevator leading edge, continued to construct sub-panel assembly – no pics.

15 AUG 15: Deburred sub-panel assembly and top skin, cut holes in top skins: 6.25 hours
Deburred all the sub-panel parts.  Cut 2 holes in the top skin for the computer fans I purchased.  The fans will serve to remove heat from the avionics bay and also serve as windshield defog if needed.  Pilot holes:
Looks pretty good:
Holes all finished:

16 AUG 15: Prekote and prime:  5.25 hours
Got the swatches from Aerosport:
The boss has spoken and it looks like graphite carpet and medium light stone leather:
Hopefully, I can hit the paint shop this week and get some interior paint matched so I can continue progress on putting the fuse together.  Until, then more Prekoting and priming – uggghhhh.  I can say that I will NOT be upset when the priming is done.
Another batch done.  Not too many pieces left to prime!

No comments:

Post a Comment