Saturday, August 8, 2015


1-6 AUG 15: Page 29-14 steps 8-9: 20.5 hours
Spent the better part of the week deburring and countersinking all the fuse parts – tons of holes to countersink.  I decided to try to use my drill press to countersink the longerons – have always used my electric drill:
Not a fan of countersinking with the drill press; back to the electric.  I guess it’s whatever you’re comfortable with…

Seemed like the countersinking was never-ending!
7 AUG 15: Page 29-12 step 3, page 29-14 steps 8-9: 5 hours

More deburring and dimpling and redid the F-1041-L lower fuse channel that I previously messed up – no pics.

8 AUG 15: Page 29-14 steps 8-9, Prekote and priming: 8.5 hours
Finished the deburring.  Prekoted and primed all the fuse parts minus the skins.  I’ll be glad when I’m done priming.  I’m glad I’m doing it, but it definitely adds time and EFFORT to the build.

No comments:

Post a Comment