Sunday, September 13, 2015

8-9 SEP 15: Deburring:  8.75 hours
Nothing left to put together until I get some help riveting the side skins, so I worked ahead in the plans and deburred most of the remaining parts for the fuse – no pics.

10 SEP 15: Deburring, Page 42-2 steps 1-3:  7 hours
Fabricated the two F-637B-L/R angles, and four F-637C angles for the rear seat backs.  Drilled holes in both F-637A seat makes.  To make it a bit easier, I made a template to place the holes:

Continued deburring the rest of the pieces for the fuselage – really not much left at all!  I have a lot of priming to do!

11 SEP 15: Deburring, page 44-2 step 1, 33-2 5-6, 42-3 1-5, 42-4 1:  8.75 hours
Cut apart the F-1099EFG-L/R wing root fairing supports.  Match drilling the hinge onto the baggage floors to accept the rear seat backs:

Finished building the rear seat backs:

I was reviewing the plans and the structure to make sure there wasn’t anything that I by-passed that I could complete and noticed an oversite I made.  Mmmmm….something’s missing….

Luckily at this stage, I’m a pro a drilling out rivets!  A few minutes later:

Riveting back together:

Good as new; better, actually, since I now have the proper pieces installed!

12 SEP 15: Page 11-4 step 2, 11-8 steps 1-7, 11-9 step 1, deburring:  7 hours
A blast from the past.  Since I’m pretty much stalled on the fuselage until I rivet the side skins, I went back and hit a few steps on the empennage that I by-passed.  Prepped all the parts for the pitch trim system.  These brackets took longer than expected to fabricate:

13 SEP 15: Page 29-16 step 10, page 29-17 step 1, page 29-18 steps 1-2:  8 hours
Finally got back to riveting the side skins – I feel like I’ve been on section 29 forever!  Actually, I probably have been working on it for 2 months.  My friend came over and helped me shoot rivets.  We got some of the tougher ones and then I continued on solo.  Great to see it coming together and most of the clecoes gone!

Pictures don’t show it very well, but it is turning out very nicely!  The skin is perfectly smooth – gonna look beautiful someday with a nice paint job!

No comments:

Post a Comment